U.S. Navy jet encounters UFO: Video made publicSheetal Sukhija - Tuesday 13th March, 2018
WASHINGTON, U.S. - In what emerged as one of the most startling public acknowledgements of something that many have only speculated so far - an organization released a video of the U.S. military’s encounter with an UFO.
The new purported military video is of an unidentified aircraft and has been made public, following the Pentagon's acknowledgment that it had shelved an initiative devoted to identifying unknown objects in aerospace last year.
The video titled ‘GO FAST’ was made public by To The Stars Academy of Arts and Science, an organization leading on the issue that includes a former head of the now-defunct Pentagon program and was co-founded by former Blink182 musician Tom DeLonge.
According to the group, it is a Defense Department footage from an F/A-18 Super Hornet's video of the "high-speed flight of an unidentified aircraft."
To The Stars Academy said in its release that multiple government organizations reviewed the video for release.
It also said that anyone could obtain the video using a Freedom of Information Act request.
Last year, The New York Times and Politico released an explosive report revealing the previous Pentagon program on unidentified aerial phenomena.
The publication of the two videos showing Navy pilots' encounters with unidentified objects comes in light of that previous revelation.
In a statement, Luis Elizondo, the former head of the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program who now works at To The Stars Academy, said that the newly released video provides further evidence of what he said is likely a much larger cache of Pentagon materials about unidentified aerial phenomena.
He pointed out that it also underscored the need for a public conversation around the issue.
Elizondo added, "These are just three videos now that have come out that everybody's looking at. But there is far more compelling evidence that I was privy to that - you know, I think you're looking at the tip of the iceberg."
Elizondo reported added that the organization obtained the video through "reporting channels," but declined to get into detail about the group's "sources and methods."
He added that they followed the "proper process" to get the video and that "the Department of Defense approved the release."
Elizondo even noted "eerie similarities" between the new video and the ones released last year - pointing at the location in U.S. airspace, the presence of U.S. Navy pilots, the "Tic Tac" shape of the object and other signatures he said the videos shared in common.
Elizondo said he did not believe the object was necessarily "a little green space alien," but that they couldn't rule anything out.
He said that even if the object is simply a foreign aircraft, that alone should be alarming.
Adding, “It could be anything, so I wouldn't rule anything out, and that's why I think we need to look at it. I mean it could be Russian. It could be Chinese. It could be little green men from Mars. We don't know what the hell it is.”